If you’re looking for a stunning location to explore on foot, look no further than Richmond in Yorkshire. With rolling hills, idyllic countryside, and charming villages, this area of the UK is a hiker’s paradise. From short strolls to challenging hikes, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. In this blog post, we’ve rounded up the top 10 best hiking and walking routes around Richmond, Yorkshire.
- Richmond Castle Walk: This circular route takes you around the stunning Richmond Castle, offering beautiful views of the River Swale and the town.
- Swaledale Circuit: This 12-mile circular walk takes you through some of the most picturesque scenery in the Yorkshire Dales, including fields, moorland, and waterfalls.
- Wainwright’s Coast to Coast Walk: This long-distance trail stretches 192 miles from St. Bees on the west coast to Robin Hood’s Bay on the east coast, passing through Richmond along the way.
- Reeth Circular Walk: This moderate 6-mile walk takes you through the charming village of Reeth and offers stunning views of Swaledale.
- Easby Abbey Walk: This gentle 2.5-mile walk takes you to the ruins of Easby Abbey, where you can explore the beautiful abbey and its gardens.
- Gunnerside Gill Walk: This 7-mile walk takes you through the stunning landscape of Gunnerside Gill, passing through old mine workings and offering views of waterfalls and rocky outcrops.
- Fremington Edge Walk: This challenging 9-mile walk takes you along the ridge of Fremington Edge, offering stunning views of Swaledale and the surrounding hills.
- Aysgarth Falls Walk: This gentle 2-mile walk takes you to the stunning Aysgarth Falls, where you can explore the three tiers of waterfalls and enjoy the surrounding woodland.
- Richmond to Marrick Priory Walk: This moderate 8-mile walk takes you through the stunning countryside of Swaledale, passing through the charming village of Marrick and its priory ruins.
- Swale Trail: This long-distance trail stretches 77 miles from the source of the River Swale in the Yorkshire Dales to the North Sea, passing through Richmond along the way. It’s perfect for hikers looking
Places to Stay in Richmond
No Posts Found